Monday, November 21, 2011

The Plumbing is Complete....

As I stated in my last post I was going to finish the plumbing over the Thanksgiving break.  I finished today ahead of schedule.  This will give me time to paint and add the trimming, cut the Styrofoam, create a cover for the fish tank, and add the air pump.  The fish tank brings water to the trough by gravity through 1 1/2" pipe.  The other side of the trough has an external pump attached that will bring water back to the fish tank.  I began to fill the fish tank and half the trough before the sun went down.  Tomorrow I will finish filling the tank, add the Styrofoam, and turn on the pump.

 Back of the fish tank with a male 1-1/2" nipple attached to the bulkhead fitting and an elbow ready to go to the trough.

 Beginning of the pump assembly.  There is a 1-1/2" nipple attached to the bulkhead fitting and a 1-1/2" to 3/4" reducer to a 3/4" slip/slip ball valve. 
 The pump will be attached on both sides by fish-safe flexible tubing.


 The finished pump assembly.

 The 1-1/2" pipe that brings the water by gravity to the trough.


No comments:

Post a Comment